My goodness! It seems like Christmas was not so long ago, but it occurred to me today that January is already almost over! What a busy month it has been. We've been working on getting back into our pre-school routine. It's amazing how quickly you can get out of your routine in just 2 weeks! But back in it we are, and busy, busy. Sometimes, well many times, I think I really need to get better at time management. There just never seems to be enough of it!
Sam had two birthday parties already this month (and another coming up this week). The first one was a skating party. Sam had never (and still hasn't) skated. We arrived a bit late and the other kids were already "over" skating so they spent their time playing in the play area. It was basically a giant McDonald's like playground. He and the other 2 boys had a great time and it was a great way for him to get some of his wiggles out. They also danced on some platforms to the music playing. That was certainly a cute sight!
His second party was last weekend at our neighbor's house. This was a pirate themed party and he and Abby had a great time. I had intended to leave Abby at home, but the party was mostly outside and I kept looking over at our house next door and seeing Abby with her sweet face pressed up against the window watching it all. We felt so bad, we brought her over to play with the big kids and she had a good time too without getting in the way.
Last Friday the weather was amazing! We've had some really cold days this month, so we took advantage of the warm weather and headed out to the zoo. Some friends from church joined us and we ended up being there for about 4 hours! I think we saw about every animal and climbed on every statue at least once while we were there. It was a great day!
This past Friday we tried out a new bounce house and Sam and Abby bounced for 2 hours. Sam dressed up as a swamp monster and Abby tried on a Snow White dress and paired it with an indian headdress. They did puzzles and Sam and I played a short game of air hockey. All in all, a great time!
Yesterday, Dad came over and helped me build some shelves in our storage area under our stairs. It's basically just a big closet, but I now have 5 shelves about 38 inches long and 16 inches deep. They are fantastic. Now I can continue building our food storage and stocking up on sales and actually have somewhere to put it all! Thanks so much Dad!
After Church today, I tried out a new recipe for cupcake bites. I've been following Bakerella on her website (www.bakerella.com) and finally decided to try out one of her recipes. It took a few hours, but I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Mine turned out better than I expected, but not quite as good as Bakerella's. The kids sure liked them. It makes so many we have plenty to share!
This week I have to finish up Sam's kindergarten registration. Yikes! Is my little guy really that close to starting school?!?! I'm certainly having a hard time coming to terms with this. In our school district we can choose which school we'd like our child to attend, but it's all done by lottery. I've been busy researching the different schools and even a few magnet programs. Not an easy choice!
Also on my "to-do" list this week is to join our local YMCA. I feel like the lady in the Special K commercial who's rear end gets stuck in her chair after the holidays and it's time to do something about it! Mike is also on high blood pressure and cholesterol meds so hopefully he'll take good advantage too and make some improvements with his own health. We're going to be healthier in 2010!


No comments:
Post a Comment