Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Countdown

It's hard to believe Christmas is just a few short days away. December seems to have flown by! We have been busy, busy baking, shopping, visiting with friends and family, and just enjoying this wonderful Christmas season.

Sam, Abby, and I finished up our last week of preschool for the year last week. Both kids had parties on Wednesday and game home with brown paper grocery sacks full of fun stuff. Sam made a nativity scene out of a shoe box, which I just love. (If I think about it, I'll post a picture.) It is proudly displayed on the toilet in his bathroom, of all places. I think it was just the only available spot he could find!

Amanda, Christy, and Kaylee (my sis-in-law and nieces) flew in last week as well. We are so excited to have them spend Christmas here. The cousins are getting along fabulously and it is so fun to watch them play together.

Abby and Sam love to sing Christmas carols. Abby's favorite is "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and Sam's has to be "Mr. Grinch", which is also his most favorite movie. He watches it so carefully and even acts out the scenes. It's quite a sight to see.

I am looking forward to our special Christmas Eve Family Home Evening. The kids are acting out the Nativity. This is always one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Sam will be the donkey this year (couln't convince him to be Joseph), Abby is Mary, and my niece, Christy, will be Joseph. Should be cute!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment