Friday, January 29, 2010

Hibernating


So I walked downstairs a bit ago only to find Sam sitting at the table eating a banana. Ok, but he has a plate in front of him with an apple and another half eaten banana. Hmm. So I ask, "Why do you have 2 bananas?" His response, "I'm hibernating and you need to make my room like a cave with bats & darkness." I think he's serious. At least he's hibernating with healthy food.

We got him all regsitered for kindergarten today. We've applied to 2 other schools other than the one we are zoned for, but we had to turn in the paperwork at the school we're zoned for. I was impressed with the school, and the vice-prinicpal even gave us a spontaneous tour of the school. That helped both Sam and I be a little more comfortable with the prospects of kindergarten. I think he'll do fine wherever he goes.


Yesterday Sam and I went to the SC State Museum. It had been a good 10 years or so since I had been there and they have a dinosaur exhibit right now, so it seemed like a good way to spend the afternoon.

I have to interject here to say that Sam has just informed me that he's full and ready to hibernate. He'll be in his room waiting for me to make the bats. When I asked what I should make the bats with he said paper and then punch holes and use string to hang them from the ceiling. "Hurry, I'll be waiting," he says. Guess I should quit blogging for now and go make bats. I'll let you know about the museum later.

(Ok, so he didn't actually hibernate but we did make and hang a few bats from the ceiling fan. Too funny!)

Anyway, the museum was fun. The dinosaurs were big and moved and made noise. He got to sit in a T-Rex footprint, brush away dirt to uncover buried bones, and take pictures with a few. He asked me this morning if we could go again today, so he must have enjoyed it. I'll have to post some pictures later. I had forgotten my camera and borrowed Mom & Dad's when I dropped Abby off there. She stayed with Grandma and took a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment