Ok, I know - it has been just about 2 months since my last posting. That tells you what a busy summer we've had! I am working on a post that will recap our entire summer.
This morning I took Sam to his elementary school for his kindergarten screening. He was a little nervous (or so he said), but sure didn't show it! He walked right in and made himself at home. I wish, wish, wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I can't get him to really tell me what she asked him, but I think its general stuff like does he know his name, address, birthdate, the alphabet, numbers, etc. I was sure he'd do fine and he did!
It just has me thinking today, how did the little baby I once held in my arms, suddenly get to be old enough to go to Kindergarten? When did this happen? As I looked at him in the mirror this morning while we were brushing his teeth, I suddeny saw him in a whole new light. He is no longer a baby, toddler, or even preschooler. He looks like a kindergartener!
I love both of my children equally. My whole heart belongs to each of them, I just love them differently. Sam is such a good, sweet, smart and fun loving boy. We are so blessed to have him in our family. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the gift that he is to me. I really feel so unworthy to be the Mom of one of His sweetest little spirits. We often hear from people that Sam is a joy or a delight. Just yesterday someone told me he was a treat. I love that other people can see his enthusiasm for life. And I hope beyond hope, that his is always the case.
I think Abby and I will be sending a piece of our hearts to school with him each day. I hope he knows how much we love him and how proud we are of him!


No comments:
Post a Comment